AV Club Communists

Login to your account to post in this board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

AV Club Communists

Login to your account to post in this board!

AV Club Communists

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Slings & Arrows (Spoilers)
by kingairwick Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:31 am

» General Comics || Spoilers
by Chicanery Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:17 am

» This Board Is Moving
by affrosponge88 Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:36 am

» The Dark Knight Rises
by tym218 Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:40 pm

» ATLAS SHRUGGED
by pulpcomics Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:30 pm

» Wes Anderson
by Semi-bored torontonian Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:34 am

» What are you listening to?
by kingairwick Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:26 pm

» What are you watching this holiday season?
by kingairwick Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:17 pm

» Homicide: Life on the Street
by digifreak642 Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:33 pm

» Likes No Longer Visible
by affrosponge88 Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:29 pm

+2
affrosponge88
Capt. Blicero
6 posters

A comprehensive review of our stupid emoticons.

Capt. Blicero
    Captain

A comprehensive review of our stupid emoticons. Empty A comprehensive review of our stupid emoticons.

Post by Capt. Blicero Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:43 am

Very Happy The human mouth cannot smile that big.
    Smile This is supposed to be the normal smile. But no one sane flashes his/her teeth like that oat a frequency of 1/ 1.8s.
    Sad This is supposed to be the normal frown face. Instead there are some black dots drawn incorrectly onto a yellow face.
    Surprised Just getting ready for a penis.
    Shocked This is not shock; this is a medical disorder.
    Cool Please don't use this. It's making fun of the blind.
    Laughing When I laugh, I hope to God that I do not look like this.
    Mad This is either anger or constipated on a merry go round.
    Embarassed Oops? You type oops to make this horror pop up on your screen. I think the oops refers to its creation.
    Crying or Very sad He's crying because of an onion, hence the constant blinking.
    Evil or Very Mad Is this evil incarnate? Or a silly tiny drawing?
    Twisted Evil The last one was called evil, and this one is twisted. What's the difference? Fuck if I know.
    Rolling Eyes If you're exasperated with an idiotic post, you use "roll". Unless I'm confusing this with the emoticon to signify how you took so many drugs your pupils have dilated to a dangerous diameter.
    Wink If you're hitting on a stranger online, you can just use semi-colon parenthesis. This is for all you perverts out there.
    Exclamation I'm ... not sure why this is here. A person's face is replaced with an exclamation mark. Was this in a David Lynch movie? I haven't seen all of his yet.
    Question Sometimes when I have a question, I simply ask it instead of posting a pointless emoticon.
    Idea Without knowing the text behind the emoticon as "idea", I would have no idea this was a light bulb.
    Arrow You know how arrows are useful? When most of the time you can't see them because they're rotating around a sphere.
    Neutral He looks more worried than neutral. FAILURE.
    What a Face This one is simply face. Aren't all of these faces, you ask yourself? Yep. What's the point of a face that looks like a serial killer ripped off the eyes and teeth from his victim? I guess when you need to ardently defend your favorite TV episode you need drastic measures.
    Like a Star @ heaven Why's the star blue?
    Suspect This is suspect. I assume you use it when you're wanted for a heinous crime or something. It looks like a ninja. So all ninja are devious assholes? Whatever, racist.
    I love you Dear god, if my heart was that color and shape with those holes I'd be a stale corpse on the ground. ANIMATED HEARTS ARE RED YOU IDIOTS.
    No This is simply no. Indeed, emoticon, indeed....
    @ This is the @ symbol for absolutely no reason. If you can find a use for it, I'm dubbing you the MacGyver of the message board.
    cyclops A cyclops with a popping eye? Yeah that's useful.
    clown This is not a clown. Maybe it's a simple mistake. I'll check the manual.

(To be continued later when I hate myself and want to waste my own time.)

Last edited by Capt. Blicero on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    affrosponge88
    affrosponge88
    Admin

Fav. Community Ep. : Remedial Chaos Theory

A comprehensive review of our stupid emoticons. Empty Re: A comprehensive review of our stupid emoticons.

Post by affrosponge88 Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:53 am

This is the greatest off-topic post yet. I'm glad you contributed, and I value you as a person.
    Stephen77
    Stephen77

Fav. Community Ep. : Calligraphy or Mixology: you can't make me choose!

A comprehensive review of our stupid emoticons. Empty Re: A comprehensive review of our stupid emoticons.

Post by Stephen77 Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:14 am

Shocked = Marty Feldman?
    UnregisteredGuyNamedEric
    UnregisteredGuyNamedEric

Fav. Community Ep. : Cooperative Calligraphy

Post by UnregisteredGuyNamedEric Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:08 pm

lol! Capt., lol!

Emoticon Trolling...oh, it's happening.
    UnregisteredGuyNamedEric
    UnregisteredGuyNamedEric

Post by UnregisteredGuyNamedEric Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:11 pm

P.S.: Sad old Babar could never understand why the Elephant Kingdom elected Ol' Cornelius Penisnose ahead of him as King.

elephant

Especially after Cornelius spent the entire budget on an Ice Palace skating rink. "We're in Africa," said Babar. "No one fucking skates."
    Spazophie
    Spazophie

Fav. Community Ep. : Conspiracy Theories and Interior Design

Post by Spazophie Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:18 pm

cheers This one is just called Cheers. I do kind of think that show would be better if Cliff Clavin had arms for ears, so WELL PLAYED, EMOTICON.
    affrosponge88
    affrosponge88
    Admin

Fav. Community Ep. : Remedial Chaos Theory

Post by affrosponge88 Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:19 pm

Spazophie wrote: cheers This one is just called Cheers. I do kind of think that show would be better if Cliff Clavin had arms for ears, so WELL PLAYED, EMOTICON.

I'm glad you joined, Spaz. No one can fill the Spaz-shaped void in a forum's heart like you can.
    UnregisteredGuyNamedEric
    UnregisteredGuyNamedEric

Post by UnregisteredGuyNamedEric Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:49 pm

Yeah, I'm glad Spazophie's here, and that she wasn't driven away into madness by our tragic feuding and ranting.

Or was that SPAZOPHELIA?

(Get thee to a punnery....)
    The Narrator Returns
    The Narrator Returns

Fav. Community Ep. : Paradigms of Human Memory

Post by The Narrator Returns Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:01 pm

cherry This is supposed to be a cherry, but it looks like there's a straw lodged in this guy's head, sucked out his blood.
    rendeer Dear god, I'd rather not look at this horrific castaway from Dr. Moreau's island.
    geek It says it's a geek, but it looks more like the end result of a lobotomy.
    drunken This is clearly a demon child (with a bubble maker installed at the top of his head), not someone who's drunk.
    afro I think this guy's afro is at least three times bigger than his head. It's a miracle he can support it.
    monkey Looks more like a very sunburnt Homer Simpson than a monkey.
    bom This guy is about five seconds from being complete mush. Is this meant to convey feelings that terrorists are planning to blow you up?
    pig That'll do, emoticon. That'll do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 12:07 pm